Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review ""Country Soaps by Marlene" continued

Hey All - just wanted to add a few notes to this review.
I went in search of Goat Milk Soaps on recommendation that it was great for babies and those with eczema so I searched (first for CDN suppliers) but then etsy and found several suppliers. Marlene was by the far the one with the best response and most helpful. Just to add to the review, she sells other goodies like scrubs, lotion,lip balms, etc. so I'd recommend checking it out. Keeva's skin feels "squeaky" when I use it in the bath but soft afterwards. A little different feeling than the usual high lather body wash I regularly use on her but definitely better results. Oooh and another important point to remember for mommies is that these soaps typically are not formulated "tear free" so you may have to use another baby safe shampoo for their hair - unless of course you are super careful.


One thing I did miss in the youtube video was her actual web address - she can be found at
http://hyenacart.com/countrysoapsbymarlene

I PM'd Marlene on etsy to combine some of the soaps I saw on her site with those on etsy - she was great about putting together a customized pkg. for me.


Here's a blurb:


About Goat’s Milk ~ Goat’s milk is very high in vitamins, minerals and proteins as well as high in lactic acid which helps exfoliate dead skin cells and soften your skin. We use natural oils such as olive, rice bran, coconut, pumpkin, grapeseed, perilla seed, fractionated coconut, palm, cocoa butter, avocado, lard, sweet almond and shea butter to nourish & moisturize your skin. We scent the soaps with pure essential oils and skin safe fragrance oils. Any coloring is done with skin safe colorings. All our soaps are hand cut, varying slightly in size and shape. It takes approximately 6-8 weeks from the day I make the soap to the time you’re able to use it. Some take 3 months before they can be used.
Our bar soap is Handmade from 100% Fresh Creamy Goats Milk No Added WATER !"

I'm thinking it was the fragrance oils that may have made me itch a little with the Pumpkin soap, who knows? The others didn't have the fragrance. Didn't really bother me enough to discontinue however.
Sounds scrumptious! If you prefer etsy, again  http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrysoapsbymarlen



Here's some pics from my stash!

Goat's Milk Baby Soap~ unscented
Castile Goat's milk Soap
unscented oatmeal milk and honey
Unscented Pumpkin Goats Milk Soap
Fresh Mint Goats Milk Soap


 Packaging


Check out the oatmeal one to the right! That's real oatmeal!What's left after about 2.5 weeks (everyday shower)



p.s. although all of these are unscented, they have a delicious natural smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment