Friday, October 1, 2010

The Adventure.....to remember

There are two people in the world. Those that collect their thoughts daily in handcrafted thick binders filled with beautifully lined coloured paper. They document every thought. They own the prettiest pregnancy diaries filled with memories of their first discoveries of pregnancy (along with every else reaction), first kicks, maybe even their first nausea moment:). Every moment of their child's life is clearly defined by dates, times and feelings. Their likely never to forget a birthday, anniversary or special occasion. Aw, their seen as the most thoughtful people because they just never forget, they're such good moms because they remember exactly every moment and have pictures to prove it........and then....there are people like me, LOL.
I probably have about seven different journals in my house right now. Each one has one or two entries spaced about a year apart. I start with the best intentions. The diaries are gifts or books that I thought were pretty to contain my memoirs. I sit down with a nice java and feel so good about writing. But then I realize how overwhelming it is to fill in the missing spaces with what has happened in my life since the last entry and I find it exhausting most nights to rev up to write. BUT, the entries that I do find are amazing times in my life. The first feelings of finding  true love with my gorgeous husband, seeing my angel children for the first time. The other day I found a journal of when I first moved to Toronto "on my own" and most of you know what that meant in my life. How good it felt, where I was in that space of time. Then it went on to read about how I felt when I first met Frank and how I hoped it wasn't too good to be true. Sooooo, I am at the point in my life where I just can't let these moments be forgotten. I've realized that with a blink of an eye, your newborn is 2 yrs old and then it's time to start thinking about school...what???! And since I have a terrible memory I've decided to start this blog. Every moment is precious, my kids are precious and worthy of so much more than forgotten memories. I'm hoping that everyone who reads this blog will keep me accountable to writing at least once/week about my "SAHM (stay at home mom) adventure.
I'm hoping that this can be a reference for other mommies. I'll include reviews of all kind of stuff - recipes, baby/mommy products, and living frugally (is that a word?!!) BTW, that's another post...living frugal :)
Really my two children inspire me daily and this blog will help me to start thinking creatively as well...whatever that means :)
Sooo join me if you please, remind me to document and enjoy this Adventure of motherhood right along with me.

One last thing, I am so new at this and not really blog savy so you may see this sight change a lot from the initial post......talk soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea. I'll faithfully read it and wish you all the best in writing it! Have a great time on your SAHM Adventure!

    ReplyDelete